Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Impression of MELBOURNE

Tranquil.

Laid back.

Green.

Welcoming.



Those were the first things which came to mind upon my arrival. Because I had lived in Vancouver and Burnaby, Canada for four years, Melbourne quickly reminded me of life there: the fresh air, the trees, the electric cables above ground, the lack of high-rise buildings... the list could go on. For a moment, I thought of the word 'home'.



Then I remembered the coldness and the dryness I'll have to cope with for the 8 weeks to come; 'home' quickly dissipated.

I am no stranger to life outside of Hong Kong, so I wasn't as excited or nervous as everyone else. Yet, having been in Hong Kong for almost 9 years, it feels great to sort of break loose from the forest of metal and concrete. Being able to see for miles without any obstruction from a tall building is really a sight for sore eyes for me.

And the air? Man, the air in Hong Kong can't compare to this.

So far, so good in Melbourne.

No comments:

Post a Comment